Someone came up with a genius idea. I wish it was me. It wasn’t.
Someone (really really smart) combined brownies and chocolate chip cookies into one delicious dessert. They also made me put on a few pounds. I’ll forgive them.
I’ve decided that the only way this dessert could possibly be any better is to add in some cheesecake. Somehow. I’m working on it.
Whats better? These cookies have caffeine inside! So you have a great excuse to eat as many as you’d like. Tired? Have a cookie.
The espresso is such a great little surprise at the end of each bite. Every time one of my friends tried them I had this stupid grin on my face and asked “can you taste the secret ingredient?” mwahaha.
Needless to say they were instantly skeptical, so don’t do that.
What you need:
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (I used Ghiradelli)
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 3 T flour
- 1 1/2 T espresso powder (finely ground)
- 1 T water
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 c chocolate and white chocolate chips
- Combine brownie mix, oil, flour, espresso, water, and eggs in large mixing bowl
- If mixture seems too dry add a little more water, however dough should be thick like cookie dough
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Refrigerate dough for about 1 hour
- Scoop cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Savoring Today